- What is medical insurance?
- Why is it important?
- When should I get medical insurance?
- What are the types of medical insurance available?
- What should I look out for when picking a medical insurance policy?
- What are the costs involved?
- How do I choose what medical insurance to buy?
- Additional things to look out for
- Additional resources
What is medical insurance?
A medical insurance policy is generally designed to cover the cost of medical treatment, such as the cost of hospitalisation and healthcare services, if you’re diagnosed with illnesses or need to be treated after having an accident.
The coverage (what the insurance company will pay for) is provided by a licensed insurance company, and you have to pay premiums to the insurance company for this coverage. You can buy medical insurance policies through insurance agents or brokers or online.