At some point in our lives, we will all need to have a medical procedure. Medical debt can be quite a big burden on us and our families. In fact, in 2016, 14.3% of participants in AKPK’s debt management programme defaulted on their debt because of medical expenses. So how can you protect yourself and prevent this from happening to you?
The answer is medical insurance! It covers the cost of medical treatment that we may not be able to afford on our own. With so many different products out there, you can always find an insurance policy that is affordable and can meet your needs.
- What is medical insurance?
- Why is it important?
- When should I get medical insurance?
- What are the types of medical insurance available?
- What should I look out for when picking a medical insurance policy?
- What are the costs involved?
- How do I choose what medical insurance to buy?
- Additional things to look out for
- Additional resources